EmpowerID includes a number of CRUD (create, read, update, delete) workflows for manipulating directory objects via the EmpowerID Virtual Directory. These workflows include the following.
|Workflow||What it does in an EmpowerID connected directory|
|Creates a new user account object|
|LDAPCreateOU||Creates a new OU container|
|LDAPCreateGroup||Creates a new group object|
|LDAPUpdateAccount||Updates an account object|
|LDAPUpdateOU||Updates an OU container|
|LDAPUpdateGroup||Updates a group object|
|LDAPDeleteAccount||Deletes a user account object|
|LDAPDeleteOU||Deletes an OU container|
|LDAPDeleteGroup||Deletes a group|
In this topic, we demonstrate how to create new directory objects by creating a new AD user account from the EmpowerID Virtual Directory.
To create a new user account via the EmpowerID Virtual Directory
Depending on the tool you use for managing directory objects, the steps depicted below may differ for you.
- From your LDAP management tool, navigate to the EmpowerID root tree node and then expand the o=empowerid and cn=directories nodes.
- Expand the the appropriate directory node and locate the OU in which you wish to place the new user account.
- Right-click the OU node and select New, then New Entry.
- In the Entry Creation Wizard that appears, select Template-Based and then click Next.
- Select User and then click Next.
- Specify cn as the RDN type, enter the appropriate value for the type and then click Next.
- Review the entry and then click Finish.
- Wait while the workflow executes.