Managing Local Windows Users
If you have Windows servers with local users and groups, you can add those servers to EmpowerID as managed account stores. This allows you to inventory local users and groups and manage those objects from EmpowerID, providing you with automated role-based access control, delegated permissions administration, and provisioning policy capabilities with a full audit trail of any actions involving those objects. This article demonstrates how to manage local Windows users in EmpowerID.
To manage local Windows users
- From the Navigation Sidebar of the EmpowerID Web interface, expand Resources and click Computers.
- From the Computer page, click the Local Accounts tab and then click the Advanced Search drop-down button shown below to open advanced search options.
- Enter the name of the local Windows server in the Computer field, the logon name for the user you want to manage in the Logon Name field and press ENTER.
- Click the Logon Name for the user account.
This opens the View One for the user account. This page allows you to view and manage information about the user account as needed.
- To view a list of actions that you can perform against the account, expand the Actions accordion.
To perform an action, click the tile or button for that action. For example, if you want to edit one or more attributes, you click the Edit button; if you want to create an EmpowerID Person from the account, you click the Create Person From Account button; if you want to delete the account you would click the Delete Account button, and so on.
Each Action corresponds to a specific EmpowerID workflow. The number of actions available in the Actions accordion will vary depending on the Access Levels of the person who is currently logged in. To see a particular Action, the person must have the Initiator Access Level for the workflow that corresponds to the Action.