If you have already created an Active Directory account store and realize that you need for it to be a secure LDAP account store, you can change it using a stored procedure in the database that is not exposed in any workflow.
You can see all of EmpowerID's stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio in the Object Explorer by expanding Databases, then EmpowerID, then Programmability, then Stored Procedures.
Stored Procedure: Custom_AccountStore_TransformToSecure
- @AccountStoreID (smallint, Input, No default)
- @PortOverwrite (int, Input, Default)
To run the procedure
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your server.
- In the Object Explorer, expand Databases and click EmpowerID.
- In the toolbar, click New Query.
Enter the following query (changing the AccountStoreID value to the value of your Active Directory account store), and in the toolbar, click Execute.
EXEC EmpowerID.dbo.Custom_AccountStore_TransformToSecure @AccountStoreID = 7
- Once you get the message that the procedure executed successfully, you can view the Account Store Details page for the account store to verify that these two attributes have updated: